Health - 2020
William Spencer - Chair | Leslie Kennedy - Vice Chair
Tom Donnelly - Kara Hahn - Rudy A. Sunderman
All meetings are held on Thursdays at 2:00 PM at the Suffolk County Legislature, William H. Rogers Building, 725 Veterans Memorial Highway, Smithtown, NY unless otherwise noted below.
|2020 Meeting Dates|
(Inc. Capital Budget)
Operating Budget Only)
- 05/14/2020 Health Committee Regular Meeting Marked Agenda (PDF)
- 04/23/2020 Health Committee Regular Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- 04/23/2020 Health Committee Regular Meeting Marked Agenda (PDF)
- 03/12/2020 Health Committee Regular Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- 03/12/2020 Health Committee Regular Meeting Marked Agenda (PDF)
This Committee shall have jurisdiction over all matters and legislation pertaining to or affecting the County Department of Health Services; Alcohol and Drug Abuse Services Division; WIC Programs; infant mortality; disease control; public health; AIDS and AIDS prevention services; breast cancer issues; managed care; mental health services; patient care; pre-natal care; handicapped children’s programs; handicapped services; the County’s anti-smoking laws; the implementation and enforcement of the County’s plastic bag law; the enforcement of the County Sanitary Code and of health related regulatory laws; and the implementation of health related websites.
This Committee shall also consider and vote on any appointment to a board, commission, department, agency, authority, task force, or comparable entity under the jurisdiction of this Committee.