- Nick Caracappa
- Women Veterans Appreciation Day
- 2022 Women Veterans Appreciation Day Honorees
- District 01 - Captain Kirsten J. Rousell
Captain Kirsten J. Rousell
Captain Kirsten J. Rousell | Legislator Al Krupski’s Honoree | Branch of Service: Air National Guard
Capt Kirsten J. Rousell is a Combat Systems Officer assigned to the 102d Rescue Squadron, 106th Rescue Wing, in Westhampton Beach, N.Y. As an HC-130J Combat King II CSO, she directs a 10-member crew on personnel recovery missions, providing the only long range search and rescue capability in the northeast United States. She guides the crew during night vision low-levels, air-to-air refueling, equipment and pararescue jumper airdrops, and transload operations in hostile and denied territory, mitigating system degradation, and managing dynamic, high-visibility alert combat missions. In addition to her current position, Capt Rousell serves as one of the wing’s fitness assessment cell managers overseeing the operations of the installation’s fitness program for more than 1,100 members. She is also the 102d Unit Health Monitor Officer in Charge (OIC), CSO Section Scheduler, and the liaison officer between the unit’s Standards and Evaluations squadron and the members of the 106th Operations Group.
Before joining the 102d Rescue Squadron in 2015, Capt Rousell attended Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, Fla. and earned her commission at Officer Training School in Montgomery, Ala. She has
10 years of service with the Air National Guard, all having been served for the state of New York. Prior to her current assignment, Capt Rousell was the 102d Current Operations Flight Commander where she ran the everyday operations of the more than 1,000 hour flying program for their four aircraft, and the 65 members that fly on them, at Francis S. Gabreski Air National Guard Base, New York.
2012 Bachelor of Science, Applied Meteorology – Area of Concentration: Research, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla.
2015 Officer Training School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama
2021 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
2022 HC-130J Instructor Upgrade Course, Davis-Monthan AFB, New Mexico
- November 2016 – November 2017, Student, Undergraduate CSO Training, Pensacola Naval Air Station, Florida
- November 2017 – July 2018, Student, C-130 Navigator Qualification Training, Little Rock Air Force Base, Arkansas
- July 2018 – September 2018, Student, HC-130 Initial Navigator Qualification Training, Kirtland AFB, New Mexico
- September 2018 – December 2018, Student, HC-130 Mission Navigator Qualification Training, Francis S. Gabreski Air National Guard Base, New York
- December 2018 – October 2019, Student, MC-130J Combat Systems Officer Initial & Mission Qualification Training, Kirtland AFB, New Mexico
- October 2019 – Present, HC-130J CSO, 102d Rescue Squadron, FS Gabreski ANGB, New York.
- Rating: instructor combat systems officer
- Flight hours: more than 800
- Aircraft flown: T-6A, T-1A, C-130H, HC-130P, MC-130J, and HC-130J
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
- Air and Space Achievement Medal
- Air and Space Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
- National Defense Service Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Air and Space Longevity Service Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
- Second Lieutenant Dec. 18, 2015
- First Lieutenant Dec. 18, 2017
- Captain Dec. 18, 2019
(Current as of May 2022)