Technical Sergeant Tara T. D’Esposito
Technical Sergeant Tara T. D’Esposito| Legislator Al Krupski’s Honoree | Branch of Service: Air National Guard
Technical Sergeant Tara T. D’Esposito is the Host Aviation Resource Manager NCOIC for the Operation Support Squadron, at the 106th Rescue Wing, Francis S. Gabreski Airport, Westhampton Beach, N.Y. In this position she is directly responsible for reviewing aviation and parachutist resource management functions for 90 Aircrew Members and 60 Guardian Angels. Technical Sergeant D’Esposito monitors flight physicals, physiological training, aircrew qualifications, prepares and proccesess aeronautical and military pay orders.
Technical Sergeant D’Esposito started her military career in July 2010, when she enlisted into the New York Air National Guard. Upon completion of Basic Military Training, she attended the Aviation Resource Management Aprrenticeship Course, Keesler AFB, Miss. Following graduation, she was assigned to the 106th Operation Support Flight where she provided cirtical Aircrew data for each flying squadron and maintained over 100 Aircrew training records while working as a full-time technician. During this time, she took on responsibilities as the AROWS and DTS specialist, ensuring 100% compliance with orders processing and travel voucher submitals. From Oct 2017-Aug 2022 Technical Sergeant D’Esposito was assigned to the 101st Rescue Squadron. In this position she was directly responsible for tracking ground and flying requirements for 40 aircrew members. Technical Sergeant D’Esposito performed critical flight safety go/no-go functions which included monitoring flight physicals, physiological tranining and aircrew qualifications. Additionally, Technical Sergeant D’Esposito was responsible for tracking the flying hours for five HH060G PaveHawk helicpoters. Furthermore, Technical Sergeant D’Esposito wrote the current local procedures for 101st Squadron Aviation Resource Manager which led to streamlining continuity. Over the course of her career, Technical Sergeant D’Esposito has deployed in support of Operation INHERENT RESOLVE, IRAQI ENDURING FREEDOM and EAST AFRICA COUNTER TERRORISM.
Technical Sergeant D’Esposito has served as a Southold Town Police Officer for the past nine years. She patrols her assigned sector to monitor activities in an effort to deter crime and protect the people and property of Southold Town. Additionally, Technical Sergeant D’Esposito responds to various types of emergency situations and renders first aid to those in need. Prior to her being a Patrol Officer, Technical Sergeant D’Esposito was a technician assigned to the 106th Operations Support Flight, Francis S. Gabreski Air National Guard, Westhampton Beach, N.Y.
- 2010 - Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice, St. Joseph’s College, N.Y.
- 2014 - Airman Leadership School, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
- 2010 - CCAF
- 2020 - Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
- 2020 - Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education
- December 2010 – February 2011, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
- February 2011 – March 2011, Student, Technical Training School, Keesler AFB, Miss.
- September 2012 – February 2013, Squadron Aviation Resource Manager, 46th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Camp Bastion, Afghanistan
- January 2018 – July 2018, Squadron Aviation Resource Manager, 46th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Al Asad Air Base, Iraq
- September 2020-December 2020, Squadron Aviation Resource Manager, 303rd Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Baledogle Airfield, Somalia
- January 2021–February 2021, Squadron Aviation Resource Manager, 303rd Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Camp Simba, Kenya
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
- Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Member of the Police Benevolent Association of Southold, NY
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
- Airman First Class, Jul. 28, 2010
- Senior Airman, Dec. 16, 2012
- Staff Sergeant, Feb. 7, 2015
- Technical Sergeant, Apr. 4, 2017
(Current as of July 2023)