The Suffolk County Legislature Page Program is giving students ages 14-21 the opportunity to participate in a virtual conversation Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 7pm. The event will provide a safe space for students to discuss the impacts COVID-19 has had and continues to have on their academic and personal lives.
The Suffolk County Legislature 2020 Page Program via Zoom
An intensive 10 week summer program, which will provide a select group of local college aged students with:
- As we continue to navigate through this trying time of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is evident that in moments of crisis, leadership is needed. Whether that leadership is in the hands of our health professionals, first responders, grocery store workers, or government officials, it is only possible to get through a challenging situation when people step up and help each other.
- To ensure the safety of all students and alleviate any concerns, the 2020 Page Program will operate as a hybrid program, offering students the ability to participate virtually via Zoom.
- The program this year will have an emphasis on service-related projects, which will all adhere to the current New York State guidelines regarding safe protocols related to COVID-19. These projects will help students gain first-hand experience on what it’s like to be involved in local county government.
- Opportunities to connect with legislators, elected officials and policy makers from throughout Suffolk County where leadership tools and valuable advice may be gained.
- Participation in a mock legislature where students will take the role of a county legislator, form caucuses and debate legislation.
- Weekly workshops led by various elected officials and representatives of Suffolk County with information and lessons on the inner workings of county government.
- Resume and career building activities that apply to most career fields and will be useful when seeking future employment.