The Suffolk County Office of the Aging began processing applications for the HEAP today, Tuesday, November 12, 2019. Applications can obtained by downloading from the Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance at http://otda.ny.gov/ or by calling Legislator Krupski’s office at 631-852-3200.
Applicants must meet on of the following conditions:
- Age 60 older
- Under 60 and receiving Social Security Disability
- Under 60 and receiving Supplemental Social Security Income
Those who do not meet the criteria may contact the Suffolk County Department of Social Services HEAP Unit at 631-853-8820.
For heating and utility emergencies, please call one of the following DSS Emergency and Utility Centers:
- Riverhead Emergency Site: 631-852-3631
- Smithtown Emergency Site: 631-853-8847
- Southwest Emergency Site: 631-854-6684/6685
For heating and utility emergencies after hours, please call DSS at 631-854-9100.
Certain individuals may also quality for the Heating Equipment and Repair Program or the Clean and Tune Program. Please call the Suffolk County Office of the Aging at HEAP hotline at 631-853-8326 for more information.