Brentwood, NY - Over the past few months, Legislator Gonzalez’s office has been fortunate to have recruited a team of dedicated interns. At present, the office has five active interns:
- Steven Basileo, who is finishing his Master’s of Public Policy at Stony Brook University.
- Charles Hornstein, who studies Political Science at the University at Albany.
- Natasha Torres, who is working towards her Master’s in Human Rights at John Jay College.
- David Zimler, who is our office’s legislative page and a Political Science major at Suffolk County Community College.
- Franco Medina, who is a rising high school senior attending Shelton High School, planning to major in Math in the fall of 2024.
Our office tries to provide interns with the experience and professional infrastructure needed to advance their professional interests. They are assigned a variety of obligations, including policy research, drafting legislation, constituent services, and general office operational duties. This additional assistance provides our full-time staff the flexibility to accomplish a larger volume of tasks, and greatly increases our office’s capacity to help the community. Legislator Gonzalez is both proud of and thankful for their contributions, and he hopes to see them continue to succeed both within the confines of the internship and beyond. Legislator Gonzalez wishes his interns and all the interns across the country a Happy National Intern Day!